Please enjoy the spoiler-free (or at least spoiler-light) portion of our interview with author M. D. Neu. Timestamps are marked for the interview questions.
- Introductions (0:10)
- Personal history and brief overview of books written by M. D. Neu. (1:10)
- Do you consider your character’s physical description when writing how other characters treat them? (8:25)
- What is your approach to incorporating visible characters of color in your work?
- What do you do to make it go beyond social coding, or not? (10:15)
- When depicting types of queerness that are not your identity, do run them by members of those communities? (20:00)
- How does setting influence depictions of disabilities in your stories? (26:08)
- Do you have a favorite book written by someone else, and if so what makes it your favorite? (31:35)
- What is your favorite non-traumatic thing in any of your books? (34:00)
- Do you have any queer authors or authors of color whose work you’d like to shout out? (37:35)
- Where can our audience find you? (39:10)
Major works by M. D. Neu discussed in this interview: "Contact", "Conviction", "TAD".
Find all our links on our Carrd.
Music provided by HeartBeatArt and is used with permission.